I apologize for my absence this week, folks, but with San Diego looming so largely on the horizon, it was nice to pass some of my duties over to Moss.
Come next week, I will talk about our appearances at SDCC, along with more info on Portfolio reviews for artists.
For right now, however, let’s talk Marvel.
It’s been no surprise that DC has been dominating the news of late, both for readers and for retailers. Launching 52 new series, re-launching I should say, is a huge feat, and one that DC is putting their marketing muscle behind.
Never one to be overcast by shadows, Marvel has recently unveiled their Retailer initiative:
- -A six-month 53% Discount
- -Marvel’s new inclusion in the ongoing Diamond “stocked to the Max” program, following the same Diamond rules with onetime Stocking discount of 59% on all in stock items!
- -FREE copies of nearly two-dozen of Marvelís top-selling collections featuring the world’s most popular super heroes
- -FREE recent variant covers
- -Unprecedented discounts on Marvel product for the first six months of membership in this program
- -Exclusive sales calls from Marvel and Diamond staff
- -FREE access to first looks on the Marvel Retailer Resource Center
- -FREE access to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited
- -Promotion via Marvel.Com and Marvel’s social media networks
- -Extensive promotional material to create greater consumer awareness of Marvel product
What, if any, effect will this have in getting retailers excited about ordering and selling Marvel books is yet to be seen.
Seeing that list though, I immediately thought of some ideas of my own. I wonder who at Marvel I should send them to?
Today’s page was done by Christian Meesey:
Christian “Meesimo” Meesey is a mild mannered Caricature artist by day. But when night falls, he unleashes upon the world a slightly less mild mannered comic book artist, with more blogs than one human should have. He is a Leo, and enjoys Coen Brothers movies and the musical storytelling of Tom Waits.
Have a great weekend, folks, and we’ll see you back here on Monday.